Monday, February 28, 2011

Vein Popper #9 - Being told how I should think and feel

Why is it that when most people have an opinion of something, they feel the need that this opinion be shared by everyone?? This is such a broad topic it's hard to get into but it includes biggies like religious and political beliefs right down to how something tastes good or bad! THEY ARE OPINIONS!! That means there doesn't have to be any rational facts behind them!!! They are for the most part completely subjective! This means to all you people having a hard time grasping this simple premise, that when I say Broccoli tastes like crap to me... it is NOT an opening for you to say how good it tastes! I was voicing my opinion which doesn't have to be right or wrong. I was NOT starting a dialouge in which you state all the universal benefits of having a diet consisting of produce that doesn't cast a shadow! So when I or anyone gives their opinion about something and they don't stare at you expecting a response, just LET IT GO! Don't say a word even if you disagree! It simply isn't worth the effort!

I could really drone on and on about this one and give a thousand examples but I'm kinda lazy... and I like that about myself!

PS. I'll have you all know I eat broccoli to set an example for my kids... still think it tastes like crap though.

No comments:

Post a Comment