Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vein Popper #34 - Screwing up an order going through the drive-through

I've worked the fast food industry. It doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to do it. Actually the more intelligence you have, the worse off you are because you begin to create inane and stupid things to do until you can punch out and get on with your life! However, there seems to be people out there who just can't seem to punch in a food order correctly. For example, I visit my kids fav. restaurant on the way home to treat them (It's the one with the golden butt cheeks that seem to get fatter with every billion served). I say my order, they repeat it back to me CORRECTLY I might add... I would check it on the screen they so handily provide but it never appears to work so I trust them that they get it right. I drive up, sign over my house to pay for the deep fried fat on a bun, grab my bags and head home. Now... can anyone spot my mistake?? I DIDN'T CHECK THE FREAK'N BAGS! Stupid me for assuming my server has an IQ greater then a bloody glass of water!

I pull out my kids meals... all good. My wife's meal... all good. My meal... SCREWED! Now I have a delicate stomach (even though you wouldn't know it from looking at me). Certain foods do not sit well within it's bubbling confines. Mustard is one of those things. So when I ask for a burger with just cheese and ketchup, it's not only because I don't particularly like the other toppings but one of them actually makes me ill. I can't even just scrape it off because the smallest amount can set off a gastronomic nightmare. My meal now consists of salt mashed in with potatoes with no BBQ sauce (I Love their BBQ sauce by the way, but they screwed that up too and forgot to put it in the bag).

Now if this had only happened once... sucks to be me. I can live with it and move on. But it has happened over and over again. What is so difficult reading a screen!?! Were they just repeating everything back to me like a parrot... THEN try typing it in from memory as i'm driving up?? Boggles my mind and makes my head throb!

No comments:

Post a Comment