Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vein Popper #98 - "Girl Power"

I know I may be stepping into a shit storm with no umbrella and my mouth wide open here but these are things that bug ME so here I go. 2 words… “girl power”. Essentially the whole feminist movement bugs me to no end! Now please don’t confuse the feminist movement with equality because it’s not. Equality to me is not saying everyone is equal but recognizing EVERYONE’S strengths and weaknesses, then utilizing those strengths and help work to overcome weaknesses so they don’t jump up and bite you in the ass. But when someone starts yelling “girl power” or cheering for a woman JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE A WOMAN… well that just rubs me the wrong way. I am willing to admit that I am perceiving the situation from a male point of view but I do like to consider myself a rather progressive kinda guy. So for anyone saying “Oh he’s just a guy and doesn’t get it…”, think about that and if you aren’t being a tad sexist.

PS. I hate ANYTHING that betters a group of people and not others just because of race, sex or religion. I just happen to hate the phrase “girl power” with a white hot intensity! Thank you very much Spice Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment